I just got this e-mail from Aer Lingus and I'm posting it for your information as it'll greatly impact on our ability to be beaut.ieful during and after a flight. Boo hoo! Truly air travel is no longer the glamorous affair it used to be...
The European Union has adopted new security rules that restrict the quantity of liquids, gels and pastes passengers may carry in their cabin baggage, effective immediately.
The new rules apply to all passengers travelling from any EU airport and itâ€™s important to familiarise yourself with these new regulations.
- All liquid containers must be carried in a separate clear plastic, zip-top or re-sealable bag that does not exceed 20 cm x 20 cm or one litre capacity.
- All items must fit in the bag comfortably and the bag must be completely sealed.
- There is a limit of one transparent re-sealable plastic bag per person.
- At the airport security search, the plastic bag must be removed from the cabin bag and x-ray screened separately.
- Liquids must be held in individual containers not exceeding 100ml (approximately 4 fl. Oz) and may include:
- Suntan lotions
- Hair gel, hair spray
- Liquid or aerosol deodorants
- Water and other drinks
- Any other item of similar consistency
- There are two exceptions to the rules:
- Baby food needed during the flight
- Medicines needed during the flight
Exempt items must also be placed in a separate transparent re-sealable bag and presented separately at the passenger security screening area.
Get Beaut.ie Delivered
Stay updated with Beaut.ie newsletters full of the latest happenings at Beaut.ie as well as great offers and things we think you might find interesting .