Asian Crab Crostini are quick and easy to make and always a hit at a sophisticated but fun party.
These delicious Asian crab crostini with bright Asian flavours are quick and simple to make. Perfect for any party!
Makes 12. Recipe easily doubled to serve more.
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: N/A Serves: 15 Difficulty: Easy
- 1 medium baguette, cut into 12 slices
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 140g crabmeat
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- Zest and juice ½ lime
- Mayonnaise or crème fraîche for a creamier topping.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/gas 6. Arrange sliced of baguette on an oven tray and drizzle with 1 tbsp of the sesame oil. Bake for 5 minutes until golden and crisp.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients with the remaining 1 tbsp sesame oil and mix together. Use less chilli if you prefer less heat. Season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Top each toasted crostini with about 1 heaped tablespoon of crab mixture just before serving.
- Bread can be toasted up to a day ahead of time, once toasted and completely cooled simply keep in an airtight container. If slices need to be crisped again, place in heated oven for about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Crab mixture can be mixed up to 2 days ahead of time and kept in the fridge in an airtight container. Although, flavours will develop over that time so it's best to use less chilli and coriander, then add more on the day if needed.
- You can also add a bit of mayonnaise or crème fraîche to the crab mixture for a creamier topping.