How to make a delicious and healthy Caesar Salad for the perfect work lunch.
Caesar Salad – A classic salad that’s perfect for a light lunch or dinner. As a twist on the classic, you can also choose to serve the grilled chicken breast as whole sitting on a bed of the salad. This recipe is for two but can be easily multiplied to feed larger numbers.
Prep Time: N/A. Cook Time: N/A. Serves: N/A. Difficulty: Easy.
For the dressing:
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp heaped Dijon mustard
- 1½ tsp cider or white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 60ml light olive oil
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- ½ tinned anchovy, optional
For the salad:
- 2 chicken breasts
- Olive oil, for cooking
- 2 rashers streaky bacon
- 50g croutons
- 2 baby gem lettuce, roughly torn
- Handful shaved parmesan
- 1. For the dressing, combine all of the dressing ingredients in a small food processor or shaker bottle. Mix until combined. Set aside.
- 2. For the salad, heat a pan on medium high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Season the chicken breasts with a bit of salt, reduce the heat to medium and cook chicken for 5-6 minutes on either side. Remove chicken from heat and set aside.
- 3. Combine the remaining salad ingredients in a large bowl, pour dressing over and toss lightly. Cut the chicken breasts into thick slices and add to the salad. Give one final toss. Garnish with a few more shavings of parmesan, serve immediately.
For 1000s more recipes, head over to www.ilovecooking.ie.