Chicken Satay Curry is easy to make and enjoyable to eat - and it's healthy to boot!
This Chicken Satay Curry dish is cooked and prepared within 20 minutes. It is packed with healthy fats and protein. Ensure to buy no added sugar peanut butter when making this recipe. You can add whatever vegetables you like to this dish - chop them up small if you have fussy eaters. The peanut sauce masks any taste of vegetables!
Prep Time: 10 minutes. Cook Time: 20 minutes. Serves: 4. Difficulty: Easy.
- 200g wholegrain rice
- 1 medium head of broccoli
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 3 chicken fillets
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- salt & pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 (400g) tin coconut milk
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp mild or medium curry powder
- Follow instructions on packaging to cook rice
- While rice is cooking, steam or boil broccoli and cauliflower just until tender, 3-4 minutes. If boiled, drain vegetables in a colander and set aside
- Heat a large shallow casserole dish or pot on medium high heat, add a teaspoon of coconut oil then add the chicken, salt and pepper. Cook until chicken is browned, then lower heat to medium and add the garlic, cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add the coconut milk, peanut butter and curry powder, stirring well. Bring to a boil, then turn down heat to medium low. Add the cauliflower and broccoli and leave to simmer for about 5 minutes
- Serve on a bed of cooked rice