This is a salad, but not as you know it. This superfood salad will have you feeling like super woman!
This superfood salad is packed full of delicious ingredients bursting with nutrients and flavour. Dark leaves rich in iron. Crunchy nuts and seeds and creamy avocado all sources of healthy fats, orange segments and juicy pomegranate jewels high in vitamin C, as well as protein and fibre rich quinoa.
Vegetarian, vegan & gluten free
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 12 minutes Serves: 4-6 Difficulty: Easy
For the dressing:
- Zest & juice from ½ an orange
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp salt and grinding of black pepper
For the salad:
- 100g uncooked quinoa
- 120g dark leafy greens like baby spinach and kale
- Segments from 1 orange
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate
- 1 avocado
- 50g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 50g sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- Handful young sprouts
- 1.For the dressing, combine all dressing ingredients in a small jar or plastic container. Seal with lid and give dressing a good shake. Set aside.
- 2.For the salad, start by giving the quinoa a good rinse under cold running water. Bring a pot of water to the boil and add the rinsed quinoa and cook for about 12 minutes, until the "tales" have sprouted. Drain and run under cold water to cool, then leave to drain in a sieve.
- 3.Place leaves in a large bowl, then top with the cooled quinoa, orange segments, pomegranate and slices of avocado. Strew with the seeds, nuts and sprouts. Drizzle with dressing and serve.
- 4.The salad will keep for up to 3 days in the fridge in a sealed container.