Eyebrows have the power to balance your features and make you look younger. Here is how to get perfect eyebrows in a few easy steps.
Eyebrows are one of the most important features on your face. They bring balance and proportion and even have the power to make you look a few years younger. Most peoples' faces are not symmetrical, but as humans, we are naturally attracted to symmetry. We find it attractive. If we look at celebrities or extremely good-looking people, their faces are very symmetrical. So, in short, making the brows more symmetrical will make you hawt.
We were down in Cork at out Beauty of Confidence event last week where I gave a talk on the power of brows. If you missed it and wanted to catch up, here is what I covered.
My top tips on how to achieve the perfect brow.
- Mark out above the inside of the nostril - this should be the beginning of the brow.
- Next, mark out the outside corner of the nose and corner of the eyes. This is where the brow should end.
- The tip of the nose and middle of the iris should be the highest part - or arch - of the brow.
*Note* Your 'tail' should fit into the brow twice, i.e. the dimensions of the brow should be two thirds to one third.
- Line up all your markings from the bottom of the brow. Use a piece of thread to achieve a straight line by pressing it and imprinting it into the skin. Use this as your template.
- I always like to use two products for brows - a lighter shade and a darker shade.
- The lighter one should be a powder to fill in volume to the brow.
- For the darker one, a pencil or cream works best for definition.
- Clean the brow up with a highlighter or concealer.
- Make sure you brush the product through thoroughly, so it doesn’t look drawn on, and looks a lot more natural.
- Finish with a clear brow gel to set.
Watch the how-to video here and see my professional tips below.
- Use a brow serum nightly.
- You should go about one shade lighter than your hair colour
- Do not use a magnifying mirror or your car mirror, it makes you focus on tiny hairs, not the bigger picture, and you will run the risk of over plucking.
- Don’t forget brows can take up to six months to grow back naturally so give it time and fill in any gaps in the brow in the meantime.
- There is a big difference between style and fashion. Just because a trend says you need to look a certain way does not mean that it will suit everyone. Focus on your features, skin tone, and hair colour and what will suit you the best
- Get expert advice. Even if you don’t plan on going to a pro regularly, it's good to get an outside perspective on eyebrows and good to get the shape where it should be. Then it will be easier to maintain yourself.
- Invest in your tweezers.
- If you plan on tweezing yourself, draw out the desired shape of your brows and tweeze outside the line. This will help you never to over tweeze.
Do you have any top eyebrow tips you want to add to my list?