Self-care is something we all need to make more time for. So why not make your own self-care kit so that your next self-care session is even more relaxing.
Think of a self-care kit as a little first-aid box for your mental health. It's for those days when you're feeling stressed and overwhelmed or when life is just getting the better of you.
Your self-care kit should be full of things that calm you down, help relieve your stresses and worries and remind you of how lucky you are.
The best way to start making your own is to include items for each of the five senses. They can be as extravagant as you like as long as it's full of things you love.
Self-care kits don't have to be expensive though. Here are 20 affordable items you might want to include in yours:
- Your favourite tea.
- Pictures with family and friends.
- A gratitude journal.
- Fluffy socks.
- A cosy blanket.
- Some face masks.
- A list of your favourite feel-good movies/tv-shows to watch.
- A notebook and pen to let out all of your thoughts and feelings.
- A bath bomb.
- A scented candle.
- A list of your favourite activities if you want to keep busy.
- Headphones or earphones, you should also make a special playlist for yourself of 'feel-good' songs.
- Body lotion, I would recommend sleepy from Lush.
- A list of things you like about yourself, this should be a mixture of physical things and personality traits.
- A list of all your accomplishments to date. Don't be strict with yourself include every accomplishment not just the big ones.
- Essential oils.
- Your favourite book.
- Comfy clothes.
You can keep these items in a box or bag, that will depend on what you include in your kit. Another nice idea if you're using a box is to decorate it to make it look more inviting with some wrapping paper or paint.
What are some of the things you've included in your self-care kit?