Get some l0-cal flavours in your life with some delicious Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps.
These delicious Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps are bursting with Asian inspired flavours. They’re healthy and light, yet very filling. Lovely served warm or cold. Potentially gluten-free if soy and Korean/Chinese barbeque sauce are gluten-free.
Prep Time: 60 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Serves: 4 Difficulty: Easy.
For the marinade
- 2½ tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp soft dark brown sugar
- 1½ tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Chinese or Korean barbeque sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
For the wraps
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 500g skinless chicken breasts, finely sliced
- 100g uncooked long grain rice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 8-16 Romaine or butter lettuce leaves, rinsed
- ½ cucumber, thickly sliced
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- Combine and mix the marinade ingredients together in a medium sized bowl. Set aside 2 tbsp of the marinade in a small bowl or container.
- Place the sliced chicken in the bowl with the rest of the marinade and toss until chicken is well coated. Refrigerate for 1 - 2 hours.
- When ready to prepare the wraps, cook the rice according to the instructions on the packaging. Drain once cooked.
- While rice is cooking, heat a large frying pan or wok on medium high heat, while pan is heating up, lightly toast the sesame seeds until golden.
- Set aside sesame seeds. Add the olive oil to the pan then add the chicken and fry for about 2 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Sprinkle chicken with the toasted sesame seeds.
- To assemble the wraps, lay lettuce leaves flat, double up the leaves if they're softer like butter lettuce. Spoon 2 tbsp cooked rice into each leaf, then top with chicken, cucumber and green onion slices. Drizzle each with the marinade that was set aside. Serve immediately. Rice and chicken can be made ahead of time and wraps assembled and served cold. Leftovers can also be refrigerated and enjoyed cold.