It’s National Bread Week this week (5th – 10th October), so I thought I would change it up and share a savoury dipping bread recipe with you.
This is a great dish to make if you are having friends over, or are looking for a really simple starter to share. You can bake your favourite bread or else just buy a really good quality bread to use. I have made a very simple filling, and added in some chives, but you can add in your favourite herb of choice. If you’re like me and have a pot of herbs in the garden that doesn’t get used enough, now is your chance!
- 1 x loaf good quality bread
- 200g cream cheese
- 150 ml sour cream
- 100g sundried tomatoes
- Chives (to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 180C/fan 160C
- Using a sharp knife, cut a hole in the centre of your bread and remove the top
- This creates a ‘bowl-like’ shape to your bread, which will hold the filling
- Place the excess bread to once side and cut into strips, these will be used for dipping!
- Wash your chives and finely chop
- Chop up your sundried tomatoes, and place in a bowl with the chives
- Mix together the sour cream and cream cheese until well combined
- Add the cheese mixture to the tomatoes and chives and mix together
- Pour your mixture into the bread and place some grated cheese on top
- Place on a baking tray, with the bread strips scattered around the outside
- Bake in the oven for approx. 15 mins, until the mixture is piping hot and the cheese on top is melted
- Remove and serve from the tray or on a board, and use the toasted bread strips for dipping
If you’d like to read more from Boutique Bake, why not check out the website www.boutiquebake.ie? And if you are a social media fan, you can like on Facebook, find Catherine on the twitter machine (or Instagram) by searching @boutique_bake or even on Pinterest.
Catherine is also on YouTube if you want to check out some baking videos!