I think at this stage we all know that the fringe is back with a bang. Everyone from Cheryl Tweedy to Katie Holmes to La Moss has been sporting one of late. Not everybody is going to be able to pull off the kind of thick, chunky face curtains that these three favour, though, so if you're thinking about going for the chop here are a few things to keep in mind...
- Long face: if you've a long forehead, a thick blunt-cut fringe like wot these birds have will magically disguise it.
- Oval face: thick hair? You can carry off either a short fringe or one that's long and blunt. [Lucky caaah.] Fine hair? Go for a long, wispy fringe.
- Round face: don't even think about a short blunt fringe. Just don't. Instead, opt for a long textured fringe that will flatter your features.
- Heart-shaped face: a short, wispy fringe will suit if your hair's fairly thick; for a more dramatic effect you could go with blunt bangs which will work well regardless of your hair type.
- Square face: a sweeping fringe or one that touches the eyebrows and is longer and layered at the sides will help to balance a strong jaw.
If, on the other hand, you're like me and haven't a bull's notion what shape your face is, your hairdresser will be able to tell you honestly if a fringe will suit.