It seems the Daily Mail is intent on poking its nose into Irish model and reality TV star Vogue Williams' love life - they've just papped her at Sydney airport with none other than ex-Westlifer Brian McFadden - but Beaut.ie has another sort of investigation in mind.
A cosmetic cop-style one, no less. Vogue's undeniably gorgeous - slim, tall, legs that go on for ever, honey blonde, fab looking - so naturally enough, we want to know what she uses. Guess what? I interviewed her back in April for a 'what's in my makeup bag' piece for the Irish Examiner and was really surprised to find that she uses loads of low-end products. Hurrah! She's just like us!
So, without further ado, here's a selection of what the lovely Ms Williams probably has in her beauty bag RIGHT NOW as she sojurns down under:
- While strictly speaking it's an anti-ageing product, “L’Oréal Paris Visible Lift Foundation, €20.99, is the one for me," says Vogue. "I prefer it to expensive picks because it's got a lovely colour and makes skin look great.”
- We like this little quad as well, flagging it up as a good buy last year. "“It's cheap and cheerful but I really like Maybelline Eyestudio Silky Glam Quad in Coral Drama, €9.95. It's the only one I use at the moment and all that's in my makeup bag. The shades are just really nice for summer,” she says.
- Hands up who doesn't like mascara? Yep, that'll be no one. Vogue's no different - she's picked two faves. “I can't justify spending a fortune on expensive mascara and two of my favourites are ones I pick up in the chemist."
- "L’Oreal Paris Telescopic,€15.43, and Maybelline One-by-One Volume Express (€12.99) are both great,” she declares
- While we're big fans of Essence's budget-tastic ways, I have to profess my surprise that Ms Williams is a fan too. But she is - listen up: "Essence XXXL Nudes Lipgloss in Nude Kiss, €2.29, is brilliant! I have about six of these and use them all the time. For the price they are completely fab.” Yep, we agree.
- “I absolutely love painting my nails but I have to keep them neutral a lot when I'm working on modelling shoots so I often tend to just go for a basic French manicure. I love Chanel Particulère and and right now I am liking an OPI grey shade loads (try Give Me The Moon, €12.50) . Brights and reds are also great but it's good for nails to breathe occasionally too.”
- This gal has gams to die for - what does she use to get that bronze glow? Another supermarket spend. “I love fake tan but I'm not keen on the ones that develop. I always use Garnier Ambre Solaire No Streaks Bronzer Dry Body Mist, €16.99, because it gives instant colour and you can literally spray it on and head out,” she reveals.
- I'm very definitely with Vogue on this one: "“Honestly, you can't get great makeup without good brushes and I buy mine from Mac or Make Up For Ever. My favourite is the Mac 187, €45, for foundation. It's incredible, and gives a really airbrushed finish.” We love this one too - read more about it here.
- What about those all-important fragrant finishing touches? “Stella McCartney Stella, €70, is a favourite perfume of mine but it's expensive so I wait for my boyfriend to buy it for me for birthdays or Christmas. I also like Hugo Boss Femme.” Hopefully Brian got her a bottle in the duty free, wha?
Got any faves in there yourself? Let us know in a comment!
Pic credit: top pic via Dailymail.co.uk