Ah here's a trend I fell in love with the very milisecond I clapped eyes on it. Replace the boring Alice band with a zip!
Kerastase created the look for the Erin Featherstone show at New York Fashion week and here's the Beaut.ie guide to copy it.
- Off you go to Hickeys and buy yourself a nice long zip.
- Tack your hair with a blast of Bastiste or hairspray so it's not too slippy.
- Tie the zipper round your head, knotting it at at the nape of your neck, as you would do with a hair ribbon or tie.
- Probably advisable to secure the whole shebang with a couple of discreet kirby grips so it doesn't go flying at an inopportune moment.
- Kerastase opened the zips to get a double zip effect - but this could lead to painful hair pulling accidents, so if you're not sure go with a closed zipper.