As Aphrodite is currently sunning herself silly in southeast Asia, veteran Beaut.ie Cathyfly is going to be dishing pearls of her expert wisdom over the next couple of weeks, including an update or two on her Pig2Twig diet club.
On to business - take it away missis:
Kirstie filled us in a few weeks ago on some of the discounts on offer at spas around the country. Something I’ve also noticed recently is that lots of regular beauty salons are now doing special offers, no doubt due to the 'Current Climate' (my second most hated phrase at the moment, No 1 being 'Recession Busting' agghh).
Which is welcome news to those of us looking for good deals not just on the luxury treatments, but on our more regular grooming too. So here's a round-up of 10 current offers we've spotted in the Dublin area:
- Gloss Hair & Beauty on South Richmond St at Portobello have some great April specials including:
- Free wash and blow dry with any facial
- 20% off Dermalogica products
- 20% off pedicures
- 'Ladies do lunch' - for €50 you'll get a wash & blow dry, file and paint and a 2 course lunch at Seagrass Restaurant also on South Richmond Street. See www.glossbeauty.ie for more and to sign up for their monthly offers
- Waxperts in Dun Laoghaire have a 'Summer Smoothie' offer this month - for just €55 you'll get an extended bikini, half leg and underarm wax with the lovely Ellen and her team. Waxperts also offer a maintenance price of €50 when you re-book your Brazilian wax, a saving of €5 on the regular price. Check www.waxperts.ie for more
- Carter Beauty, also in Dun Laoghaire are offering 50% off Vani-T spray tans on selected dates in April (usually €50). Check out www.carterbeauty.com for the dates and other offers
- French Beauty on Castle St, Dublin 2 will give you a free Mini-Facial (worth €47) when you buy 3 Matis products. They also have a great value package for €99 that includes a full Matis facial, mini manicure and mini pedicure. www.frenchbeauty.ie
- Revive in Milltown are currently offering 50% off IPL laser hair removal
- Style Club hair salon on South William St are continuing their 20% discount (looks set to be a permanent fixture this one!)
- Wilde in Donnybrook are offering a free 'mystifying treatment' with every blow dry during April, apparently this involves steaming the hair with Evian water spray to replenish it from root to tip... You'll need to quote 'Facebook' when booking.
- In Malahide, Jule Beauty on Strand Street are offering a €25 discount when you spend 100 euro or more on any combination of treatments – good if you have a few things to get done.
- At Spy Salon on the North Circular Road near the Mater hospital, you can get a manicure and pedicure for €50, sounds like a bargain for any Northside ladies.
- Finally, a friend recently tipped me off about Top to Toe salon in Stoneybatter for good value treatments in general and a quick look proves that their prices are very reasonable. You'll get a full body spray tan for €38, Dermalogica facials from €55, Nail file & paint for €12 - full price list at www.toptotoe.ie. (And a Back, Sack and Crack wax for the man in your life is 'only' €75. If you can persuade him, I’ll give you 20 quid myself*)
If you've seen a great offer in your local area, or just plain good value, don't keep it to yourself - share it in a comment!
*Terms and conditions apply- I will need to see the evidence…
Get Beaut.ie Delivered
Stay updated with Beaut.ie newsletters full of the latest happenings at Beaut.ie as well as great offers and things we think you might find interesting .