So, we had the low-down on office-appropriate nails yesterday (anything goes, apparently), we looked at some new Clinique cosmetics on Monday and later in the week we'll be taking a look at some more makeup, as well as work-friendly fragrance.
Today, though, is the turn of lips. While there's no doubt that a red lip can be a great work look - severe, but with a tigress resting beneath, wha? - lots of us play it safe and go down the nudes route. Peaches, pale pinks and beiges are all ideal for work. They're easy to carry off and it's not hugely noticeable if they wear off unevenly, so constant vigilance and maintenance isn't as important.
Clockwise from bottom left, my nine to five picks are the following:
- ArtDeco's new Mineral Lipsticks, €21.55, come in eight equally work-friendly shades
- L'Oreal Paris' Infallible Gold, €6.99, comes in six new shades and is designed for all-day wear. I'm not a huge fan of all-day lippies, but this one wears well and feels comfy on. Good if you really hate reapplication
- We've already had a dekko at these new Chanel Levres Scintillantes glosses, €24, but Gossamer (128) is particularly nice for day
- Fancy a bit of extra sparkle? Bourjois to the rescue so with their newest glossy endeavour, Effet 3D Max, €11.99 a pop, in six shades
- On counter right this very second is this limited edition Lip Gloss Palette, €32, from Bobbi Brown. It's swit-swoo