Summer is finally here (well, it was here at the weekend but we're not entirely sure about today) and sunny days offer us the perfect opportunity to experiment with colour.
So whether you have a big occasion to attend, drinks with all the girls or just fancy a new look I guarantee you will find an excuse to try these this season’s hottest trends for your peepers.
There are two trends dominating the makeup counters for eyes - smokey with a twist and neon brights.
Smokey Summer Eyes
This season's smokey eyes comes with a twist - not of the eyeball itself you understand, that would be painful but in terms of the colour palette used. Smokey eyes don’t have to be black or grey - try shimmering browns, petrol blue and navy, plum, or forest green.
Or you could be fashionably fabulous and opt for a soft berry tone to create a look that is perfect for summer - soft and wearable, while still modern and glamourous.
- Start by priming and concealing your eyes.
- Using an eyelash curler, gently clampdown at the base of your lashes, hold for five seconds, and release.
- Blend the berry colour into the centre of the eye and blend a darker shade on the outer crease (check out the Bourjois and Maybelline options above).
- Add a slick of eyeliner on top and bottom.
- Define with some lengthening mascara.
- Add white to the water line and blend the inner corners with a pearly sparkle dust.
The second trend is bold and bright - blue shades always work for summer and this trend is back again.
And f you are looking for a quick summer look that takes you from day to night, apply a double slick of neon blue eyeliner (or an eyeshadow applied directly to the lashline) over black kohl.
And I love using any bright shades as a “pop of colour” under my lower lash line - just make sure to keep the rest of the make up to a minimum to let your eyes really stand out.
Have you opted for brighter eye colours in Summer? Do you think neon shades are fab peepers or more jeepers creepers? Tell us in the comments!