Pumpkins, blood, gore and sexy kittens, yes it’s that time of year again!
Even though it feels like it's been Halloween for, oh, about five years, today is the actual day. Because the majority of us are unluckily enough to not be off for mid-term break, you've probably got your Halloween partying out of the way. But, if you live with little ones or expect trick or treaters tonight, you might want to stay in the spirit of things.
"Bullet wounds" accompanied by dark as night smokey eyes work a treat for a zombie-eque, risen from the dead kinda look - and even though it looks elaborate, it's really quite easy to do.
Here’s my quick, DIY, no fancy make-up artist supplies needed version of a bullet wound. I’ve adapted it so you can pretty much do it on the fly if you’re stuck for some kind of look this Halloween.
What you’ll need
- Eyelash Glue
- Tissue paper
- Black Gel Eyeliner
- Red lipstick
- ½ teaspoon ground coffee
- Fake Blood
How to do it
- Tear the tissue into thin, small pieces
- Apply a little circle of eyelash glue to skin
- Layer on the tissue to create a raised edge. It doesn’t have to be perfect, because you’ll be covering it later anyway.
- Buff red lipstick over the circle and surrounding around of skin so it looks angry
- Use the black gel liner to give depth to the wound by lightly colouring in the center of the wound.
- Add the blood, I like to do this using a cotton bud so I have a bit more control and can create a “dribble” effect.
- Sprinkle the coffee over the center of the wound for a gritty effect.
So there you have it, an easy, DIY bullet wound!