I recently got a new fancy digital SLR camera so it's gonna be swatch-central round here, mark my words. I haven't a bogs notion yet how to get the best out of it (camera course, here I come, STAT), but my attempts to point and click are delivering semi-passable results so I thought I'd share with you a few bits and bobs I'm using a lot at the moment.
Lets start with that little shadow up there on the top left, shall we:
- it's a Benefit Velvet Eyeshadow in Where There's Smoke, and you can see its compadre down by the pot of Erase Paste. That shade is Rich Beach, and I'm using these together a lot for work recently - the texture is very creamy, they're not too shimmery and they're very easy to work with. Nice packaging, too
- I am shockingly pale right now and am using bronzer quite a bit, which to be honest I normally never do. My product of choice is Bobbi Brown's Illuminating Bronzing Powder in Bali Brown. It's very sheer - important! - delivers the teeniest smidgen of colour - important! - and has a very subtle shimmer which wakes up my winter skin - important!
- Beside it is Chanel's Poudre Cristalline. I've had this product for a while but a recent chat with makeup artist Christine Lucignano made me dig it back out. It's designed to deliver a HD-ready effect to skin and she raved about it. On my skin, the jury's still out I'm afraid, it delivers a papery look that I'm not thrilled by. More testing required!
- Behind both products you can see Clarins Blue Orchid Oil peeping out - check out my thoughts on that here. I use this at night before bed.
- Two Origins products next (truly, my love of Origins knows no bounds). The foundation is not on-counter yet and I'm testing it happily - keep an eye out for a review soon. It's called Youthopia SPF15 Skin Firming Foundation with Rhodiola, and so far, so good
- My day cream of choice is Origins Make a Difference - it is truly wonderous and fantastic
- Front row: the little pot is a Barbara Daly mousse eyeshadow in a nice creamy shimmery dark silver-grey. Great as a wash of colour but equally good as a base for a smokey eye
- Smashbox blush in whore-tastic pink (can't remember exact shade, sorry!). Also, the second I took this pic I dropped said blush and shattered it into a billion tiny, messy pieces.
- Behind is Benefit Sugarbomb, (yes, having a little B love recently, it seems) sitting beneath my Bobbi Brown bronzer. This is their latest blush must-have.
- Behind the aforementioned Benefit eyeshadow is a beeeeutiful and super-sparkly gloss from *sob* Prescriptives. It was part of last summer's collection and is just gorgeous - loads and loads of glitter and shine and when it finishes I will be very sad.
- Lastly, another Benefit product - my trusty pot of Erase Paste is almost done and it's been a brilliant beauty bit
That's me - what are you using all the time at the moment?
Get Beaut.ie Delivered
Stay updated with Beaut.ie newsletters full of the latest happenings at Beaut.ie as well as great offers and things we think you might find interesting .