Once upon a time we used to have to rely on the pound shop to find a lipstick that wouldn’t break the bank. Back then of course, honey beige panstik was all the rage too. *shudder*
Thankfully, nowadays there are some fantastic budget options available on the high street. so I thought I’d take a look at some of my favourites which have launched this year.
- Rimmel The Only One lipsticks: Long wearing, moisturising and comfortable to wear, who wouldn’t want that from their lipstick? With fifteen shades to choose from in the collection, ranging from nude to pink to classic red and berry shades these lippies are one of my favourite launches from Rimmel this year (along with the Good to Glow Highlighters). You can see the classic red shade called “Best of the Best” in action here as modeled by the beautiful Juudit who I was working with recently! (€8.99)
- Catrice Deluxe Eye shadow palettes: I fell in love with these earlier in the year (you can read the full review here) and with good reason because they’re pretty much a dead ringer for Chanel baked shadows. You can use them wet or dry to create depth as you wish and considering the price, there’s no guilty feelings if you decided to pick up more than one on your travels. (€5.39)
- Sleek Solstice Highlighting Palette: Versatility is a major plus point for me when it comes to make-up products and this little palette has plenty of that as it combines shades that will work on any skin tone. The highlighters (two cream, two powder) can be used on both face and body to give that shimmering, finishing touch to your Christmas party look. (€13.49)
- Penneys Individual Lashes: Everyone has gone gaga for these and I can see why. Traditionally, individual lashes are fiddly and quite awkward to work with (especially on yourself) but these are cleverly bunched into slightly larger sections which make them much easier to manage. (€1.50)
- Essence Lash Princess Lash Mascara: I will admit that I love splashing the cash on mascara, with Charlotte Tilbury’s Full Fat Lashes being current favourite, but this little gem from Essence really surprised me. It's more of a day time mascara but if you're looking longer lashes for under a fiver, then this may just be the one for you. (€4.99)
Do you have any other budget favourites to add to the list?