This tomato soup is - not joke - the easiest soup you'll ever make.
Made almost entirely from store cupboard ingredients, serve the easiest ever tomato soup with toasted cheese sandwiches.
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Serves: 6-8 Difficulty: Easy
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 680g bottle tomato passata
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 litre of chicken stock
- 1 tbsp basil, chopped
- Crème fraiche
- Chopped basil
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook gently until soft. Add the garlic and stir for a minute or two.
- Add the passata, tomatoes and stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Blend the soup until smooth, season with salt and pepper and stir in the basil just before serving.
- Serve in mugs, with a dollop of Crème Fraiche and a scattering of basil.