We all know the bride should be the centre of attention on her wedding day, but bridesmaids are important too. Those pictures will be around to haunt you forever, dontcha know...
- Forget to have a fake tan trial before the wedding. Nobody wants orange bridesmaids
- Wear a high SPF on your face. It causes 'ghost face' syndrome in the pictures
- Think all bridesmaids need to look the exact same. Makeup should differ to suit each individual bridesmaid's colouring, eye and face shape
- Match your eyeshadow to your dress; that's so 1999
- Tell the makeup artist to do whatever they want. You might not like the makeup look they say is all the rage these days
- Go as heavy as you would on a night out, heavy foundation and eye makeup can look cakey in natural daylight
- Prep your skin in the weeks coming up to the wedding
- Get a light spray of tan on your face if you are having a spray tan done. If you don't, your body might look more orange/yellow toned than your face in pictures
- Have an idea of what you would like your makeup to look like
- Try a monochromatic colour scheme. You can wear eye make up that complements your dress by using different tints and tones of the same colour
- Wear individual fake eyelashes as opposed to strips. They are WAY more comfortable
- Bring your favourite lipstick. Lipstick never lasts so you an use it to top up later.
Bridesmaid makeup inspiration:
What wedding day beauty disaster do you fear the most?